The Andrews Labor Government has unveiled in May 2019 a massive Suburban Transport Blitz, with record funding for road and rail projects that create thousands of jobs, slash congestion and deliver on our promises. The Suburban Transport Blitz will radically reshape our suburbs, fundamentally changing the way people get around. This includes:
– $6.6 billion to remove another 25 of our most dangerous and congested level crossings, with 75 crossings gone for good by 2025
– $3.4 billion to transform the suburban train network, delivering a massive upgrade to the Sunbury Line, duplicating the Cranbourne Line and Stage Two of the Hurstbridge Line
– $163 million to purchase 10 new E-Class trams, upgrade 10 Z-Class trams, design and develop Next Generation Trams
– $195 million will be provided for extra train services across Victoria, including increases to some of our busiest metropolitan train lines.
– upgrading every station along the Sunbury Line and enabling the rollout of new High Capacity Metro Trains.
– $750 million project to duplicate the Cranbourne line, which will double the number of trains in peak times and deliver trains every 10 minutes along the entire line.
– $547 million will deliver the next stage of the Hurstbridge Line Upgrade, duplicating 4.5 kilometres of track and constructing bigger, better stations at Greensborough and Montmorency.